Assistant Fund Controller
Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is one of the largest office landlords in Connecticut. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with a full mile of waterfront, more than 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments. BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
The Assistant Fund Controller would report to the Senior Fund Controller.
- Prepare quarterly investor reports, including fair value financial statements, for multiple BLT Funds.
- Maintain key schedules, including capital schedules, preferred return & interest calculations and fund waterfalls.
- Coordinate annual audit and tax return processes for multiple BLT Funds.
- Monitor cash position and prepare cash forecasts.
- Prepare monthly work papers and record related journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 3 -5 years of direct experience in real estate/private equity accounting and reporting.
- A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.