Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is one of the largest office landlords in Connecticut, and their office holdings include the corporate headquarters for Gen Re, GE Commercial Finance, Diageo, GE Real Estate, Xerox, GE Energy, Design Within Reach, Kayak Software, AON/Hewitt, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and Structured Portfolio Management. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with a full mile of waterfront, more than 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
The position will be responsible for providing exceptional sales and service to prospects and current residents, as well as maintaining awareness of all the happenings within the neighborhood and local rental market. This is a fast paced, multi-family apartment building lease-up in Stamford, CT, offering an excellent opportunity for career growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Converting leads into community tours by following up with all prospects and providing helpful and compelling information about the community and neighborhood
- Contributing to desired occupancy levels by conducting informative and personalized tours of the community that result in new leases
- Building brand loyalty and achieving resident retention goals by ensuring that the resident experience is consistently stellar
- Generating awareness, interest and excitement via social media
- Working weekends when prospective residents are out looking for their new home—three to four weekends per month with two days off during the week
Education & Experience
- 6 months + residential real estate or 1-3 years in a hospitality or retail environment including: Hotel front desk, retail sales, restaurant, bar "front of house" or management experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred not mandatory
- Basic Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Projects a professional sales presentation / image
- Must be a team player
- One-Site software preferred
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance