Experience: Mid – Senior Level
Job Function: Sales, Project Management
MMC's Service department is the largest mechanical service department in Minnesota. Our project managers manage large portfolios of "complicated" buildings. MMC prides itself on building strong customer relationships. As a Service Sales Project Manager you will be responsible for building a client base, selling and maintaining preventive maintenance agreements, doing small simple projects, working in a team, and developing strong lasting customer relations. This Position will be based in our Fargo ND office.
- 4 year degree (mechanical, business or marketing equivalent preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Display basic mechanical service knowledge
- Willingness to sell and hunt for new business
- Ability to develop and maintain your own customer base
- Sell $55,000 +per year of new preventive maintenance agreements
- Maintain high / growing margins
- Reach Sales expectations on a yearly basis
- Manage all aspects of existing customer relationships
- Ability to price simple mechanical projects and retrofits
- Identify quality projects for construction and controls departments
- Manage labor and materials on multiple projects
- Ability to learn new technology
- Driven to develop lasting customer relationships
- Data center / health care / higher education / boiler / burner experience a plus
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summergrillouts to local happy hours