Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing Electric is three trades strong. We are the trusted choice when it comes to installs, repairs and maintaining heating and cooling equipment, plumbing and electrical systems in the Dayton, Ohio area.
Customer confidence and satisfaction comes first and is the focus of our actions, recommendations and why we are in business. Since opening in 1986, Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing Electric has been built on an “above the line” behavior. We believe this has set us apart and will continue to help us serve our loyal and satisfied customers for years to come.
At Ed’s Heating Cooling Plumbing Electric we care about being the best in all we do and we want someone on our team that cares too. We encourage anyone that is looking to be masters of their own trade, but empowered to perform three trades strong to apply today!
We are currently hiring for an Electrician in Tipp City, Ohio. This position will be responsible for the on-time, high-quality installation of electrical equipment, materials, wiring, controls, and related items. All those applying are expected to maintain current knowledge of the National/Local Electric Code.
- Follow defined installation procedures/code for electrical equipment according to company instructions/policy, manufacturer installation instructions, and salesperson notes
- Complete repairs, improvements, or installations within budgeted hours, in accordance with company standards, while maintaining quality
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Assist Electric Manager in planning the layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Capable of preparing invoices, filling out time cards and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Partial List of electrical calculations knowledge needed:
- Voltage Drop
- Current Carrying Conductors
- Ambient Temperature
- Box Fill Calculations
- Conduit Fill Calculations
- Transformer Sizing
- Equipment Sizing
- Grounding Electrode
- Equipment Ground Sizing
- Motor Calculations
- Soft Starter Calculations
- Overload Calculations
- Breaker Sizing
- Service Entrance Sizing
- Residential Service Sizing
- Two or more years of experience as an apprentice electrician, or comparable education
- Ability to follow/perform electrical installation procedures and trouble-shoot problems.
- Ability to follow controls/wiring schematic
- Ability to braze/solder/weld, and perform minor field fabrication.
- Ability to communicate clearly in a friendly, personable way with customers and coworkers.
- Valid social security card, driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Strong attention to detail with a desire and ability to complete the job correctly the first time
- Understands and follows proper safety techniques
- Health Insurance (with optional dental and vision plans)
- $15,000 Life Insurance coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Disability income protection plan
- Simple Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with 3% company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with 3% company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Uniforms provided
- Company vehicle and gas card
- Company phone, tablet or iPad
- Tool allowance
- Paid training provided