Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Inspectors are responsible for the accurate inspection of fire alarm and suppression systems. This position will correspond closely with customers as well as all internal personnel.
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Performs fire alarm inspections and service for commercial buildings.
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm and detection system equipment.
- Surveys existing buildings for accurate, economical inspections and service of fire alarm and detection systems.
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Obtain NICET Level certifications
- Previous fire protection industry experience preferred
- Must have a good mathematical aptitude
- Good oral, written and technical communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Project Management skills
- Inspection sales and basic electrical knowledge
- Must be self-motivated and must attend training classes, courses and seminar as requested by supervisor