LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
LeJeune Steel delivers projects in a wide variety of industries including healthcare, education, sports stadiums, commercial, industrial, warehousing, infrastructure and DOT and rail bridges across the United States and Canada. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement is reflected in our use of state-of-the-art technology, software, and equipment in both our office and shops. LeJeune Steel is part of the APi Group of companies and is proud to be a privately held, employee owned business.
3D Group Modeler/Detailer/Checker/Project Lead
Reports to: VP of Design
3D Group members are responsible for developing best in class skills that deliver the highest quality documents in accordance with LeJeune Steel established procedures. Skills in Tekla related to modeling, detailing, checking, and personal development improvements are expected from each member of the team.
- Project Setup
- Attend project kickoff meetings
- Design and Specification review
- Build 3D models
- Understanding and implementation of standard and special connections
- Creating Advanced Bills of Material
- Create Sequence Plans and Schedules
- Model Checking certification (L1/L2)
- Creating sheets for detailing
- Create General Arrangement Drawings
- Review and implementation of design changes (NOC's) as they are issued
- Detailing skills to meet LSC standards
- 2D Checking certification (L3)
- Create OFA packages
- Receive and review BFA packages
- Create Shop Fabrication packages
- Create RFI's
- Create and Distribute Shop Memos
- Prepare Shop Revisions
- Track Project hours and schedule needs
- Assist with planning department resources to meet deadlines
- Coordinate work with other trades (joist, deck, misc. metals, precast, curtain-wall, concrete, etc.)
Qualifications - General Development and Improvement Expectations:
- Set a high standard of professionalism for the organization by using our Mission/Values/Purpose statements as your guide.
- Maintain professional relationships with peers, clients, subcontractors, and vendors that will facilitate project execution.
- Utilize technology to reduce cost, improve project delivery speed, and improve quality.
- Conduct business activities with the highest personal and professional ethical standard.
- Bring LSC new ideas and enthusiasm in the pursuit of excellence.
- Participate in the maintenance of LSC Detailing Standards (Building and Bridge) and processes.
- Meet minimum department training/development hours per year.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.