Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The SHAD sales person is responsible for the estimating of repair, and sales of servicing Special Hazards, Alarm and Detection fire protection products and systems.
Maintain relationships with vendors, stay abreast of new products, technical data, and market trends
Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on fire system inspection deficiencies.
Contact existing and potential customers to determine fire protection and security needs and evaluate repair options
Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, CCTV and access control, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
Read, interpret different types of fire system inspection reports and apply technical requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer’s technical data, building codes, insurer criteria, to quote repairs accurately.
Make routine site visits during the repair/service phase to evaluate overall project performance and uncover opportunities for change orders.
Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to learn about Davis Ulmer inspection and service software.
- Requires technical strength in low voltage, logic, programming, controls, etc.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- Trade experience or combination of experience, degree, etc. a plus
- NICET Certification a plus
- Valid State Driver’s License
May supervise field technicians