The primary purpose of the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) Supervisor position is to maintain quality practices for Jamar, oversee the work of the onsite Inspectors, and control of required ASME practices. The QA/QC Supervisor demonstrates extensive knowledge of processes, codes, and job specifications and has the ability to perform routine QA/QC inspections as required. The QA/QC Supervisor shall be knowledgeable in QA/QC equipment operations and associated documentation of inspections and testing. Maintains knowledge and proficiency. Responsible for oversight and education of individuals, and working in a manner that is consistent with the policies, mission, vision and values.
- Oversees the work of onsite Inspection staff as applicable
- Provides quality control support and direction for projects performed by Jamar, or in conjunction with another APi Group Company.
- Attends project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
- Identify and resolve conflicts within project scopes and create contingency plans to mitigate risk.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to at all times, including that safe work practices are being followed.
- Maintain relationships with co-workers, customers, and regulatory counterparts.
- Work from job sites as required to monitor quality control performance. Track and document work activities per our ASME programs
- Coordinate requirements for projects, assemble QC packages and arrange for Authorized Inspector (AI) review.
- Maintain welder continuity log in conjunction with the QA/QC Administrative Assistant.
- Represent the company, both internally and externally in a professional manner consistent with our values and mission.
- Actively participate in programs, policies and initiatives designed to enhance the overall good of the company. These activities include sister company support for sales, marketing and lead sharing, participation in brainstorming sessions and an overall willingness to share ideas.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum five years in manufacturing or field experience in the QA/QC role. Four-year engineering degree preferred.
- Current knowledge and understanding of all ASME Quality procedures as they apply to: ASME Sec. I, ASME Sec. II, ASME Sec. VIII, ASME Sec. IX, ASME B31.1, & ASME B31.3.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications. Ability to read and understand technical documents and symbols and to apply this knowledge.
- Knowledge of NDE Practices, Welding Processes, and Materials
- Ability to assume responsibility and collaborate effectively with others.
- Ability to analyze and make decisions effectively and efficiently on behalf of the QA/QC department.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite programs, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Valid State Driver's license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple, basic correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to ensure qualification in inspection methods being used.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Leadership skills.
- This position provides direction, oversite and education for the onsite Inspectors and related support personnel.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting
- Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet expressed deadlines
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires travel, up to 75% of the time, to project location across the Midwest region of the United States. Most travel is planned based on project schedule, although may require short notice to travel to job sites.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Position is often in a heavy manufacturing/industrial area and will require up to 75% time on the shop floor.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
What we offer (benefits)
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
The Jamar Company is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.