Harbor Point Park Activities Attendant
Building and Land Technology (BLT) seeks a part-time (15 - 25 hours/week) park attendant for the park activities planned for 2018. BLT is a Stamford, Connecticut-based commercial real estate firm specializing in office, retail, and residential development. BLT’s latest project – Harbor Point – is a growing downtown hub of activity in Stamford, Connecticut. As an ambassador for the park, and games attendant you will need to be informative and helpful to all. For each area, to be aware of rules and should be able to actively demonstrate or explain games to participants. All equipment must be accounted for and maintained by attendant. The attendant is responsible for setting up all games, supervising them, and also instructing players of the rules. Games should be kept organized and clean. Candidates must be outgoing and capable of acting as an ambassador for the park by being informative and helpful to all visitors.
Job duties include:
• Act as a host for the park, engage with visitors, and facilitate positive visitor experiences.
• Supervise games, set up and maintain the equipment, and participate when necessary.
• Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
• Ability work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Opening and closing of game area on a daily basis, maintaining a daily log and write-up of activities and park observations.
• Take direction from management staff regarding special assignments.
• Currently pursuing a degree or recent graduate, with interest in hospitality, recreational management, communications, education, customer service, or events management.
• Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, interest in capturing images for social media posts.
• Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
• Willingness and desire to get hands dirty.
• Outgoing, fun, curious, mature, positive, and a self-starter.
• Experience or a demonstrated interest in customer service, events, recreation, or urban affairs.
• Can lift 35 lbs.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Park Ambassador." In the body of the email, include a cover letter expressing your interest. Attach your resume in .doc or .pdf format. Phone calls will NOT be accepted.
Position runs April- October, depending on availability.