Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty Construction is seeking an Interiors Estimator to join our Special Projects Group. The role will be a key member of the Interiors estimating team who is responsible for preparing and coordinating all work associated with creating estimates at all levels from schematics, design development and construction document estimates including soliciting subcontractor bids, evaluating scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications. Oversees work of other estimators for individual or multiple projects.
- Coordinates scope of work with estimating staff for each project.
- Reviews project plans, specifications, estimating scopes and pricing prepared by estimating staff.
- Prepares budget and general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date and reviews budgets and general conditions prepared by other estimators.
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Prepares and reviews all bid and/or estimate forms for submission.
- Assists in developing subcontractor solicitation strategies, analyzing subcontractor bids and documenting subcontractor prequalification prior to bid date.
- Assists in coordinating insurance requirements with Risk Manager.
- Compiles pre-bid questions for submission to the owner.
- Informs staff of project requirements and owner directives, and assists in development of plans to meet stated goals.
- Attends project site pre-bid meetings and site tours.
- Reviews schedule and constructability issues with project operations staff.
- Ensures all data placed in the historical database is accurate.
- Assists Preconstruction Director in preparing project clarifications and bid assumptions for submission to Owner.
- Leads the Redicheck document review workshops.
- Reviews and approves takeoff assignments for estimates.
- Leads the Value Management workshops.
- Leads the internal “Plan Flips” to convey project scope to estimating team prior to start of estimates.
- Cooperatively works with Preconstruction Directors and Managers to assist them in the assembly of complete deliverables.
- Proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (MC2, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Paydirt, Constructware and iSqFt).
- B.S. in Construction Management or Engineering field.
- 2 + years of preconstruction Interiors estimating experience on commercial construction projects required.
- Solid knowledge of civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, exterior building wall systems, interior finish construction systems , and mechanical and electrical systems, and associated costs.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates functional and technical knowledge and skills while striving to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Able to create and manage related assignments and schedules based on key priorities of assigned projects while adjusting for roadblocks and evaluating results.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software (like MC2), word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- 5 + years of preconstruction Interiors estimating experience on commercial construction projects.
- Local candidates preferred, but not required.
- Previous commercial construction field, estimating or Tier 1 Construction background helpful.
- Familiar with use of On-Screen Take-off software program.
- Familiar with market pricing and trends.
- Basic understanding of Conceptual estimating.
- Able to estimate all types of interior projects.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.