Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm & Detection Technician / Sales Person
This position is responsible for developing new account sales, leases and service agreements for buyers of low voltage products, fire alarm inspections and services within markets that include healthcare, education, commercial, municipal and correctional. This position will also provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment.
- Establish contact with prospective and qualified potential buyers of low voltage products and fire alarm inspections and services by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads and outlined marketing strategies
- Complete the sale of fire alarm systems and upgrades supporting recurring monthly service customers (maintenance, monitoring, test and inspection)
- Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog to support the established sales plan
- Maintain existing database and develop and maintain new customer relationship to ensure growth
- Support other WSFP Teams in their initiatives as they relate to your territory
- Complete understanding of all Company sales pricing worksheets and Company contract terms
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations, identifying the prospect’s fire and life safety issues, the effects of the problems and solutions offered
- Tests all equipment after installation and/or repairs to ensure code compliant performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on project delays, requirements and general status of jobs.
- Responsible for training apprentices (when applicable) on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques,
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced.
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full).
- NICET Level II or III is preferred
- Two plus years proven sales experience in the fire alarm, security and low voltage industry
- Experience working with and selling Security, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression and Emergency Evacuation
- Knowledge of NFPA 72 codes
- EST Certification (IO64/500 – EST3)
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Strong prospecting skills
- Proven ability to close sales and achieve sales quotas
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in service/installation of Fire Alarm Systems
- Multiple panel and Special Hazards knowledge preferred
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills, solid presentation skills and closing techniques
- Familiarity with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word software is highly recommended
- Travel is required in the territory and within the Mo, IL states
- Possess a valid Driver’s License; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test and background check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor