Project Manager – Technology Group
What we’re looking for
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors (MMC) is looking for a Project Manager to join our driven and dedicated team. With over 300,000 mechanical contracting projects completed and over 50 years of experience, we aim to hire the industry’s top talent.
- Sales and Business Development for MMC Building Automation with a focus on Energy and Environmental Optimization.
- Identify and capitalize on new opportunities in Energy Sales
- Estimating and creating proposals for digital HVAC control systems.
- Account management and internal MMC sales support.
- Work with accounting to: book jobs/work orders, change orders and financially forecast jobs.
- Request bids from, award and manage subcontracts.
- Project Management of MMC engineering labor for submittals, material order, programming, and graphics.
- Project Management of MMC technician labor for commissioning.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
You are our ideal candidate if you love a challenge and experiencing something new every day. You have keen attention to detail and are looking to make an impact. You’re looking for a role with substantial opportunities to develop your talent, hone your craft, and be a part of an industry leading team.
You also meet most (if not all) of the following requirements:
- Proven Sales and Project Management skills.
- HVAC/Energy Industry Sales experience.
- Develops strong, long-term customer relationships.
- Ability to consult customers and sell based upon financial
- Proficient in reading/developing HVAC control:
- Job plans and specifications.
- Wiring and equipment schematics.
- Control strategies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel, knowledge of Share Point a plus.
- Preferred experience in:
- Estimating digital HVAC control or related systems.
- Managing installation of digital control or related systems.
- Designing and applying digital control or related systems.
- Preferred: Knowledge of other control systems a plus.
- Preferred: Capable in Microsoft Visio drawing software.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summergrillouts to local happy hours