Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Howard S. Wright (HSW) a Balfour Beatty Company in Portland, Oregon is seeking BIM (Building Information Model) Engineer with a minimum of three or more years of experience working as a BIM Coordinator. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management, come join us.
The BIM Engineer will work directly with the BIM Manager to oversee the successful implementation of BIM, Technology and related processes and serve as an expert resource to project teams during all phases of the project. The BIM Engineer is involved in project pursuits and developing BIM strategies for proposals. They help lead the development of models, marketing materials, and are involved in training efforts related to technology. The BIM Engineer ensures project success through monitoring the progress of BIM workflows, serving as the liaison between HSW, the client, end user, designers (architectural and engineering firms) and subcontractors. The top priority of the BIM Engineer is ensuring that our team is meeting the client's needs and expectations for implementing BIM and technology.
- Lead the BIM process for assigned project(s)
- Work with project team to assess project requirements, unique challenges and team capabilities to determine appropriate BIM and technology to be utilized.
- Create project specific BIM Execution plans and lead the BIM implementation as defined by the plan.
- Manage project file sharing process.
- Develop project specific coordination schedules with the assistance of the project superintendent.
- Create and Manage master composite model with associated clash and viewpoint reports.
- Run Clash Detection and hold subcontractors accountable for model updates.
- Take and distribute BIM Meeting minutes and reports.
- Proactively train project team personnel on skills and process required to carry out designated workflows and manage the tools and processes required to support them.
- Assist with project pursuits as it relates to technology and its potential role for that project/client.
- Create required 2D & 3D proposal/presentation content to demonstrate the company’s ability with technology and tools.
- Demonstrate solid writing skills for crafting BIM/technology related articles and custom proposal narrative.
- Possess solid verbal communication skills for owner presentations necessary to clearly articulate our expertise in the execution of selected workflows.
- Perform other external presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships.
- Assist in identifying new technologies and implementing adopted technologies such as drones, VR, AR etc.
- Prepare animations for schedule analysis (4D) and high quality rendered images used for use in communicating sequence of construction or various building conditions
- Trains others (internally) to use BIM tools and processes. Maintains the BIM knowledge database, lessons learned, and techniques and distribute knowledge.
- Participate in Model based estimating as assigned.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Design or related field.
- 3+ years or more of experience in the implementation of BIM technology.
- Ability to perform MEPS system review, coordination and resolution (Clash Detection).
- Experienced and familiar with team based delivery, contracting and the design-build process.
- Demonstrates levels of proficiency or knowledge in the following software: Navisworks Manage, Revit, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Blue Beam, Adobe Creative Suite, Goodsync, BIM 360 Glue and Field, other related software.
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight.
- Core understanding of building systems, construction methods, installation procedures and sequencing.
- Proactively pursues personal development to remain proficient in latest BIM technologies and programs.
- Builds effective relationships with others that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges and motivate others, while exceeding expectations of clients.
- Exhibits creativity in problem solving and the development of new processes.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.