ENTRY LEVEL INSPECTION TECHNICIAN
Work with your hands in a way that is vital to our community while traveling around the city of Nashville. Sound fun?
Pay Range: $14.00/HR – $16.00/HR
No prior inspection experience or knowledge of fire alarm or fire sprinkler systems necessary. Pay dependent upon your level of experience and education.
Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, & Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Entry level inspection technicians assist inspectors in various inspections of life safety equipment. These inspections could the testing of fire pumps, fire extinguishers, or smoke detectors.
About Security Fire:
As a life safety contractor, we at Security Fire Protection have a reputation for protecting people’s lives and property. Over the past 50 years we have built our reputation by taking on challenging projects (Link for most recent) and diligently inspecting & maintaining existing systems. Our reputation has been accomplished in thanks to our 100+ employees between our offices in Memphis (Headquarters), Nashville, and Knoxville (Morristown Automatic Sprinkler). To learn more about Security Fire Protection please click here.
- No prior inspection experience necessary! Previous construction experience a plus.
- Strong values and a dedication to working with honesty and integrity at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read and write in English.
- Well-developed active listening, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning skills.
- Dependability- must be reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling assigned duties.
- Independence- individuals must be self-starters and have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Have a dependable means of transportation to get to and from job sites and other places of work.
- Test various life safety devices.
- Gain understanding of how to test alarm panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations, and detectors for fire alarm systems.
- Gain understanding of how to test fire pumps, tamper switches, water-flow devices, hydrants, and valves.
- Must interact well with personnel and customers. Have a professional appearance. Basic computer experiences a plus.