Sequoyah Electric is an industry leader in the design, construction and maintenance of electrical and low voltage systems in the Puget Sound Area.
If you're committed to customer service and producing an outstanding product, we think you'll find Sequoyah to be an exciting, enjoyable place to contribute and grow. Voted as a Best Workplace in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Sequoyah fosters an environment of teamwork with a commitment to excellence. It’s evident when you walk through our building that we enjoy what we do. Whether it's our jobsite pizza lunches, annual Winterbash party, annual employee charity golf tournament, community service outings, or Hawaiian shirt Fridays, you’ll enjoy being part of our team!
A Chief Electrical Engineer works closely with clients and internal team members to deliver complete electrical design-build projects. Acting as the senior level manager responsible for direction and results achieved by the engineering department, responsibilities include performing all aspects of electrical design engineering work, coordination with the construction team, communication with customers to understand and define their needs, performing calculations such as short circuit, voltage drop and load calculations, creation of detailed electrical designs and layouts, and participation in engineering and design reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) designation – State of Washington
- Past experience managing design-build projects with supervisory responsibilities
- 7-10 years of experience in the electrical design of power distribution systems, lighting, security/fire systems, and voice/data for design-build construction projects
- Extensive knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and local codes
- Ability to lead the design portion of a project, review drawings and research code issues to comply with federal, city, state, and county regulations
- Customer service focus with the ability to work with the design and construction team to define and document customers’ needs, address technical concerns, provide solutions and develop the most efficient designs for commercial, high-rise, data center, industrial and healthcare project.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD; Familiarity with Autodesk Building Systems and Revit.
- Employer Paid Medical Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Employer Paid Dental & Vision Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- 401(k) and Roth(k) retirement plans with company matching contribution
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Employer Paid Life and AD&D Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability income protection
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Annual Company Events
Sequoyah is an equal opportunity employer. We are a non‐smoking facility and a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All new hires and employees are subject to drug testing in accordance with company policy.