Church Administrator First Evangelical Free Church of Sioux Falls (FEFC) is seeking a full-time Church Administrator to join our staff. If you’re an organized, self-starter who enjoys solving challenges and working with people while keeping your faith in the forefront, this job may be for you!
The Church Administrator will responsible for the day-to-day operations of the church, including managing the facility, calendar, and non-pastoral staff. The Church Administrator will help FEFC accomplish its mission by proactively overseeing the logistical activities necessary to the church’s ministries.
What you'll do:
- Manage the facility—Develop systems and work with the church Trustees, cleaning contractor, and volunteers such as the chair team to keep the church well maintained, clean, and prepared for ministry;
- Manage the church calendar—Develop systems and work with pastoral staff, support staff, and volunteers to minimize conflicts among ministries and maximize use of the church’s facilities;
- Manage non-pastoral staff—oversee hiring, training, professional development, and organization of non-pastoral staff to maximize their effectiveness;
- Manage development of communication systems and platforms that pastoral staff and volunteers can use to enhance ministry, including social media and website content;
- Make recommendations to senior Church leadership regarding future ministries and direction, and assist in implementing strategies;
- Address and resolve challenges, problems, requests, or complaints of an administrative nature;
- And more!
Education and/or Experience we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Previous experience managing people and facilities preferred
What you need to be successful:
- Spiritually mature Christian who displays the fruit of the Spirit;
- Enjoys and is effective at managing people;
- Self-starter who likes developing systems or processes that solve administrative challenges;
- Can be trusted to proactively address administrative complaints or problems with appropriate balance of grace, mercy, and firmness;
- Willing to become an active member of First Evangelical Free Church
First Evangelical Free Church offers a competitive salary and benefit package including:
- Health Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The mission of First Evangelical Free Church is “Knowing God and Making Him Known.” Every Sunday, our church body of approximately 450 people join to worship under one roof. Throughout the week, those same people disperse throughout the community, living and sharing their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
First Evangelical Free Church is an equal opportunity employer.