“Established in 1972, Saunders Construction, Inc. is a customer-centric organization providing a wide range of services based on our client’s needs. Our customers are always the center of what we do. Our values are why we exist and the cornerstone of all our decisions. Our reputation and relationships are based on Care, Collaboration, Commitment and Community. With over $5 billion in successful projects, Saunders is currently ranked as one of the largest general contractors in Colorado by Engineering News Record Magazine and the Denver Business Journal. Saunders takes pride in our depth, diversity and consistency.”
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Engineer Interns:
- Prepare required documentation for area of responsibility
- Copy and distribute documentation per procedures.
- Receive data and compile summary reports of activities for supervisor on weekly and monthly basis as required.
- May be required to control a specific type of material or equipment depending on particular assignment.
- Takes jobsite photos.
- Posts RFI's and Bulletins on field drawings, office drawings, and as-builts.
- Copies submittal comments from master set to additional sets.
- Files submittals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be subject to overtime on an as needed basis.
Preconstruction Services Interns:
- Assist with review and incorporation of historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit cost and production rates used to generate estimates.
- Assist with review of Request for Proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assist with estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimates figures.
- Assist with awarded contracts as assigned - may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- May be subject to overtime on an as needed basis
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience
An Intern must be currently enrolled in a Construction Management program or similarly related field at a college or university.