Ideal candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in architectural design production with proficiency in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD. Degree in Architecture preferred.
The Designer is responsible for carrying out routine to moderately complex architectural assignments in all phases of a project including but not limited to: contributing to design discussions and carries design concept through to project drawings, preparing construction documents, coordinating with consultants, developing details, code and materials research, field surveys, and other assigned tasks.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides architectural drafting including details, plans, sections and elevations in accordance with firm standards and guidelines
- Coordinates structural, mechanical, and electrical designs with architectural designs
- Researches and assesses impact of building codes and other regulations. Conducts other important architectural research as necessary
- Furnishes blueprints, copies, reports, bid registers, mailings, etc., as necessary
- Recognizes, analyzes, and makes timely, critical, and cost effective decisions
- Contributes to sustainable design discussions and implements sustainable strategies within project work and firm operations
- Coordinates and communicates deadlines and other important project related information with team members
VIP Structures is proud to be an equal opportunity employer offering medical, dental & vision coverage, and retirement savings plan.