HR Works, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist/HR Generalist for a client in downtown Buffalo, NY. This 150+ year old company is a well-established organization that offers a generous salary and benefits, a 401k/pension with match, convenient and free parking, and embraces a wellness culture (including on-site fitness center). So if you are a geek for detail, appreciate the monotony of processing payroll, get a kick out of being the go-to person for benefits, enjoys recruiting and other HR project work, please apply.
Job Summary: The Payroll Specialist/Human Resources (HR) Generalist handles the day-to-day human resource functions and duties. This position is accountable for some or all of the following HR-related functional areas:
Payroll Processing and Benefits Administration
• Payroll – accurately process bi-weekly payroll for all part-time and full-time associates, being aware of tax laws and applicable state and federal rules.
• Benefit Enrollment and Administration - responsible for administering the day-to-day operations of the benefits programs (group health, dental, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, 401(k) plan and retirement (pension) plan, etc.)
• Responsible for keeping employees informed about their benefits, answering questions, and notifying individuals of any changes.
• Pension/401k – coordinates annual employee meetings, and responsible for educating individuals on retirement plan.
• Designated liaison for company benefit carriers
• Completes quarterly - Payroll Reconciliation, Multiple Work-site Report submission, payment to carriers.
• Other compliance associated with payroll and benefits.
Policy, Programs, and Compliance
• Handbook – policy enforcement, updating, education
• Employee Leave Management - Responsible for agency leave management including Workers Compensation, disability claim handling, FMLA, PFL and other leaves of absences.
• Responsible for the annual tracking and filing of the 6055 & 6056 ACA reporting requirements.
• Develops action plans to comply with any reports helps ensure the delivery of corporate EEO/Affirmative Action programs in an assigned area; completes all regulatory reports
• Other HR compliance requirements – posting notices and filing of other company matters.
Recruitment and Staffing
• Ensures the quality of personnel hired and the effectiveness of recruiting and selection techniques, and stays compliant with legislated requirements, such as EEO law. Activities include working with management to determine need of hire, posting positions, sourcing candidates, conducting prescreening tests and interviews, reference checks and face to face interview and coordination for hiring managers.
• Collaborates with the managers on the performance appraisal and salary review processes to ensure fair and equitable appraisals and compensation levels for employees; ensures compensation and benefits programs are administered in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Job Descriptions – review and maintain current documents, ensure compliance with FLSA. Responsible for all new positions and all transfer/promotion activity is in compliance with established company policy and EEO guidelines.
• Job Postings/Searches – post vacant jobs to applicable job sites, manage LinkedIn Recruiter tool and conduct applicant searches. Maintain other job sites and make recommendations for advertising positions.
• Applicant tracking – manage all incoming applicants - organize applicant submissions, screen candidates, administer assessments, conduct interviews, and make hiring recommendations to managers.
• Career fairs and networking events – attend various events as company representative.
• New Employee Onboarding and Orientation Process – responsible for working with hiring manager for onboarding process.
• New Hire files and paperwork – maintain all required forms and documentation.
• Partners with employees and managers to provide coaching on performance management, advisement on talent development, and policies and procedures.
• Performance Evaluations – work with Managers to ensure validation of performance management system, review and make recommendations to managers, take appropriate action for performance issues.
• Provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, and goal attainment for a superior workforce.
• Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, accounting, finance, management, or a related field of study.
• Five (5) or more years’ experience with payroll processing, accounting, and human resources related duties.
• Microsoft Office proficient, especially in MS Excel.
This company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.