Building and Land Technology (BLT) seeks a construction laborer.
Responsible for cleaning and preparing construction sites for the erection of structures and buildings. Unloads and loads materials, reads plans and specifications, tends machines, mixes concrete, pours concrete, and assists carpenters, operating engineers, and other construction site workers.
- Assist in building structures for residential, business, and construction sites.
- Participate in demolitions.
- Work underground in tunnels and sewer systems.
- Remove trees and debris.
- Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors, and trailers.
- Mix concrete.
- Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, or plaster.
- Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- Assist construction managers.
- Read blueprints and designs.
- Install traffic control devices.
- Clear and prepare highway work zones.
- Dig trenches.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes.
- Pour concrete and asphalt onto roads.
- Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes.
- Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
- Transport and set off explosives to tunnel into earth or roads.
- Remove hazardous materials.
- Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete, mortar, and plaster mixers.
- Control robotic pipe cutters and cleaners.
- Survey and measure equipment.
- Can lift 40 lbs.
Building and Land Technology is a Stamford, CT based real estate and development company.