Building and Land Technology (BLT) in Stamford, CT is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and over 1,000 agents.
The recruiting Manager will have oversight for the execution and development of long and short-term, cost-effective recruitment strategies and best practices to ensure BLT is attracting top talent for a wide range of disciplines across the organization.
Partners with hiring managers across the enterprise to understand position requirements; education and experience profile, target compensation and recruiting strategy
- Partners with management throughout the recruitment process to adjust strategy, set expectations and drive the hire/no hire decision. Responsible for management satisfaction and timely, quality results.
- Identifies applicant sources by researching and contacting community sources, colleges, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and maintaining ongoing relationships with applicant sources
- Provides expertise to the organization regarding recruitment processes (candidate sourcing, resume screening, networking & interviewing skills )
- Actively recruits talent by providing selling points to prospective candidates on the benefits of BLT and the related job opportunity.
- Initiates contact with possible qualified passive candidates through researching, posting, "cold-calling" and networking.
- Determines motivators and related candidate “hot buttons” to leverage interest and ultimate acceptance of an employment offer. Maintains rapport with prospective candidate(s) throughout the recruiting process and life cycle.
- Conducts competitive intelligence and benchmarking of other organizations in support of staffing effectiveness and initiatives.
- Collects and reports recruitment efficiency metrics that drive increased performance in the talent acquisition process, track expenses and analyze effectiveness
- Manage and update applicant tracking data base, maintain compliance with fair employment practices
- Assists in the selection process of recruitment vendors and contract negotiations when necessary
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; three to seven years corporate recruiting experience, or equivalent combination of corporate and agency recruiting experience. Ideal candidate will have a Real Estate or financial services recruiting background with experience recruiting in a fast paced high volume environment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative to get things done
- Strong interpersonal agility; ability to work well cross-functionally with diverse personality types
- Experience handling confidential information
- Ability to be flexible with multiple priorities and shifting demands
Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service to both internal clients and candidates
- Possess the ability to build trusted relationships with line managers
- Act as a consultative partner with hiring managers on candidate interview and selection process
Compensation package includes competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, vision plan, 401K plan, life insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
BLT is an equal opportunity employer.