Do you have a passion to work in the Structural Steel industry? ADF International is looking for Structural Steel welders familiar with Metal core, Flux Core and air arcing procedures. We offer competitive benefits and a 4-10 schedule with Friday through Saturday off.
ADF works on some of the most complex industrial and commercial complexes in the World, come and join a proud company with roots dating back to 1956!
Day Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-4:30 pm
Evening Shift: Monday-Thursday 4:30pm-3:00 am
Key Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Meet the requirements and perform the duties of a [Welder • Level C] with ease and in a knowledgeable, skilled and competent manner.
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) and Metal arc welding (GMAW).
- Combining speed of execution and quality workmanship.
- Proficient in performing complex welds.
- Mastering all four welding process positions.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting blueprints, welding codes and symbols.
- Know how to safely and adequately operate overhead traveling cranes.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Supervision and coaching abilities.
- Weld or join metal components, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products using hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment.
- Weld components in flat position.
- Gouge and clean metal pieces.
- Use the optimum welding technique to ensure minimal misfit or correction of misalignments (considering quality and quantity of weld deposits).
- Monitor fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts of warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of materials.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter.
- Perform tasks using overhead traveling cranes, when required.
- Any other related duties, as required and/or special projects as needed.
- Founded in 1956, ADF GROUP INC. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication, including industrial coating, and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups, as well as miscellaneous and architectural metalwork for the non-residential construction Industry.
- ADF Group Inc. operates two steel structure fabrication plants; one of 630,000 ft2 (58,530 m2) in the province of Quebec, Canada and one of 100,000 ft2 (9,290 m2) in Montana, USA through its US subsidiary "ADF International Inc.", where ADF Group Inc. also operates a 48,000 ft2 (4,460 m2) industrial coating plant through “ADF Industrial Coating Inc.”.
What we offer at ADF International/Industrial Coating Inc.:
- All full-time employees, working at least 30 hours per week, will be eligible for benefits on the 1st day of the month following 30 days of employment.
- ADF offers medical and dental (employer pays 100% of premium for employee and 75% of premium for dependents) and voluntary vision insurance.
- Employer provides Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance.
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available to our employees and their spouses and children.
- ADF also offers Flexible Spending Accounts which are tax advantaged medical and dependent care savings plans.
- New employees start accruing sick leave and vacation time immediately upon hire.
- ADF International recognizes and is closed for 8 paid holidays during the year.
- ADF has established a 401 (k) plan to provide employees the potential for future financial security for retirement.
- All Iron Workers are part of the Shopman's Local Union 850 of the Iron Workers