VIP Structures is always looking for Field Technicians with experience in the skilled trades of carpentry, concrete/masonry, and/or metal/steel.
Ideal candidates will have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from job sites both in and out of town. Must be available to work nights and weekends when needed. Must have own tools.
Carpentry (essential duties):
Constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, metal studs, and wallboard, using hand and power tools. Reads and understands design drawings, construction details and project specifications. Familiarity with standard construction layout and framing techniques for wood and light metal framing. Fits and installs door and window frames, installs doors and finish hardware. Finish carpentry skills including wood trim and cabinet installation. Constructs forms for placing concrete, erects scaffolding and is familiar with proper ladder use. Familiar with basic surveying methods for line and grade layout. Basic carpentry hand tools required.
Concrete (essential duties):
Prepares places and finishes concrete foundations, walls, floors, sidewalks and curbs using hand and/or power tools. Construct concrete forms using wood, steel or composite materials. Understands the correct methods for form tie installation and reinforcing steel or wire mesh placement. Familiar with concrete placement techniques such as chutes, conveyors and pumps. Places, levels and finishes concrete to specified levelness and texture. Applies finishing applications to concrete as needed such as, curing compounds, color, decorative elements, and waterproofing and/or other sealants. Familiar with basic surveying methods for line and grade layout. Basic concrete hand tools required.
Masonry (essential duties):
Familiar with basic masonry installation techniques for concrete block and brick. Understands mixing and proportioning of materials and additives for proper mortar and grouting work. Familiar with masonry flashing techniques and installation of masonry reinforcing and accessories. Familiar with basic surveying methods for line and grade layout. Basic masonry hand tools required.
Metal/Steel (essential duties):
Assembles prefabricated metal buildings according to drawings and specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and rigging equipment. Familiar with basic rigging and steel erecting principals and techniques. Installs insulating materials per the drawings and specifications. Installs sheet metal wall and roof panels to framework. Installs building sheet metal trim. Reads and understands blueprints and specifications to determine location and installation requirements of items such as doors, windows, ventilators, and skylights. Basic metal building assembly tools required.
Essential Qualifications (all trades):
- Self-motivated and dependable (including reliable transportation to get to and from job sites both in and out of town). Must be available to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Team player with positive attitude who is willing to work/learn different skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups.
- Demonstrates quality workmanship and attention to details.
- Acute safety awareness.
- Agile, physically fit with a strong sense of balance.
- Ability to perform at elevated work areas in tight quarters or other environments (with appropriate safety gear)
- Ability to handle and maneuver heavy materials and operate equipment such as aerial lifts, forklifts etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.