Job Description: Chief Marketing Officer
Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com) based in Stamford CT. BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is the developer of Harbor Point (www.harborpt.com), a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a private equity platform with investments across the U.S., and a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and over 1,000 agents.
The ideal candidate will oversee the design and execution of all marketing, branding, public relations, communications, and digital presence for BLT’s entire portfolio in Connecticut and the New York metropolitan area, including new and existing residential development projects and existing office, retail and marina properties. The position will also provide support as needed for BLT’s private equity portfolio throughout the U.S. These responsibilities include creative and innovative marketing strategies that will build the BLT brand, leading to increased awareness of company and promotion of real estate properties.
The ideal candidate will possess tremendous communication and leadership skills, with proven success in traditional and innovative campaigns across the broad spectrum of today’s marketing channels.
BLT is seeking a visionary with a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives that will drive increases in commercial and residential real estate leasing. The ideal candidate must be able to lead the execution of the marketing and branding efforts across all aspects of our portfolio.
- Developing high level marketing and brand strategy in line with the strategic vision of the organization
- Aligning the organization around the brand and marketing objectives, with the ability to create metrics to track the reach and effectiveness of all aspects of the marketing budget
- Developing and implementing creative branding and marketing campaigns for new construction apartment communities and BLT’s multi-million square foot portfolio of commercial/retail properties
- Developing multi-channel marketing plans that reach target segments quickly and effectively, including online, print, and social media
- Leading the communications team to create a best in class public relations, online, print and social media presence
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced experience working with a variety of traditional and modern marketing and communications functions
- An understanding of all aspects of online and print material production; development and implementation of social media plans; and working with the press and other related media outlets.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing programs, Adobe Creative Suite programs, and an understanding of social media platforms
- Fluency in establishing a best in class web presence that drives leasing, company vision and supports aggressive growth goals.
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree required. Master’s Degree with a specialization in Marketing preferred.
- 10+ years of well-rounded marketing / business development experience
- Experience with SEO/SEM, Google Pay-per-Click, Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube
- Mobile Marketing and Social Media experience
- Entrepreneurial and results driven attitude a must
- Prior experience in Real Estate Marketing preferred
- Excellent written communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Graphic design a plus but not required
- Compensation package includes competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, vision plan, 401k plan, life insurance, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
- BLT is an equal opportunity employer