Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building, and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Traffic planning, staging, set up, and takedown of traffic control devices; including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones, and other warning devices, flagging as needed.
- Daily traffic control reports as required on a project-specific basis.
- Keen attention to the safety of everyone in the Traffic Control Area, including the public.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations of Cities, county, and state.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and lift material.
- Maintain a clean job site, pick up all tools and equipment, and secure the job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools including cutting tools, knives, hammers, shovels, rakes, lutes, torches, saws, and brooms.
- Perform a variety of labor tasks related to erosion control, loading, and unloading materials, traffic control, material assembly, and installation.
- Effectively communicate problems or concerns to foreman or project manager.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Current TCS Card
- Must have a valid license and clean driving record.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in the traffic control sector of the construction industry
- Ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time, and perform physical labor under a variety of conditions.
- Reliable transportation to and from job sites
- Willing to work hard, listen and learn.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.