Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Orlando, FL we are seeking a scheduler to assist the Scheduling Manager with new and existing commercial construction job-sites.This position assists Business Development, Preconstruction and Operations with preparation, development and finalization of project schedules. Develop and disseminate improved reporting tools by which to monitor schedule development and progress. Available for training and mentoring personnel in scheduling matters and related policies.In accordance with CCC guidelines, has authority to monitor and enforce compliance with scheduling policies.
- Master of company selected scheduling software.
- Capable of debugging schedule logic.
- Assist in the development of "standard" sequences of work, activity descriptions, durations, etc.
- Capable of producing and updating project schedules.
- Analyzes results of schedule update reports on a monthly basis with project team, including jobsite visits.
- Capable of creating required reports within the chosen software
- Develop and integrate purchasing and procurement into schedule.
- Knowledge of schedule related SOP.
- Thorough knowledge of claim discovery and analysis.
- Take the lead with designated operations personnel and develop schedules for proposals and deliverable's.
- Minimum 3 months of field, office, estimating, or scheduling commercial construction experience required.
- Primavera experience from college courses or construction work is required.
- Construction Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering Bachelors Degree required.
- Able to travel as needed to participate in schedule development, training, and marketing.
- Basic understanding of constructability issues and knowledge of techniques for baseline planning.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use word processing, spread sheets, etc. and entry-level skills in scheduling software.
- Local qualified candidates, strongly encouraged to apply.
- Previous or current commercial construction Project Engineer Internships or working experience, highly desired.
- 1 year or more of field, office, estimating, or scheduling commercial construction experience.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.