Performs fire sprinkler inspections, testing and maintenance for commercial buildings.
Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
Prepares lists for ordering of fire sprinkler and detection system equipment.
Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits, etc.)
Review inspection results with customer and maintain good customer service relationships.
Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
Coordinates activities with project manager.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal / written communication & Customer service skills
- Mechanical & Math Aptitude
- Exceptional computer & Apple IOs skills
- Professional and Organized
- Physical ability to lift 50 pounds
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
- Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
- Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years working in a related field