Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
W&M Sprinkler Co. Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability that has been in business for over 20 years and offers a challenging work environment.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Service & Inspection Sales Rep is responsible for the promotion and sale of integrated inspection products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of inspection documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
- Contact customers and potential customers to determine inspection needs and evaluate inspection options. Including, but not limited to cold calls & door to door contact, internal inspections, renewals, inspections after installation, and cross over sales.
- Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of inspection services including fire sprinkler and fire alarm inspection of new and existing systems.
- Assist in developing and carrying out inspection sales strategies for company products.
- Plan goals, objectives, and budgets for inspection operations and identify the resources required to attain the end result.
- Review and revise inspection wording, scopes and renewals. Review and revise inspection contract wording with risk management department.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase inspection revenues.
- Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (such as NFPA 25 & 72 etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical inspection documents
- Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the economical inspection of fire protection systems
- When possible assist service department with quoting deficiency repairs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Technical communication skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system, Adobe)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma / GED with an Associate’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years sales or design experience in a related field
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day