HR Works, Inc. is currently assisting our client with finding a Payroll Accountant located near Batavia, NY. This is a full-time position with a leading Western New York manufacturer that offers a competitive hourly wage, medical and 401k benefits.
Responsible for day-to-day payroll and personnel functions including but not limited to time & attendance transactions, insurance enrollments and billing, hourly employee payroll processing, unemployment, child support, and garnishments, personnel records management, employee inquiries and more. Prepare a variety of reports using ADP application system Microsoft Office software including Excel and Access. The priority is payroll, and accounting-related work may follow in this position over time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process all new hire paperwork for hourly employees and set up in the ADP payroll system, time and attendance software and HRIS database software. Responsible for all hourly employee document management and control. Review all documentation for completeness and compliance with applicable policies.
- Process daily time and attendance transactions for management exception reporting and adjustments. Review transactions and supporting documentation for compliance with time-off policies. Ensure proper software settings are in place for accruals, schedules, benefit settings, deductions, etc.
- Process employee enrollment in health insurance program. Review and analyze monthly premium billings for accuracy and adjustments for late enrollments, cancellations, changes in status, etc.
- Coordinate, prepare and process FMLA and COBRA documentation and correspondence with employee and insurance carrier.
- Process and coordinate NYS disability claims, wage garnishments, and support orders for all payrolls.
- Prepare and process employment advertisements with designated publications. Process responses, advertiser billings, etc. in accordance with procedures.
- Process all verification of employment requests, unemployment inquires, uniform enrollment paperwork, changes in employee status, etc. Correspond with outside U/E and Employment resources on employee issues as required.
- Maintain all employee records, both paper and electronic, per established procedures.
- Maintain legal posting bulletin boards.
- Assist in the preparation, revision of handbook polices as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must present and communicate a professional attitude regarding the responsibilities of this role.
- Must maintain complete confidentiality over the records and information that this position handles.
- Must be able to accurately perform detailed transaction review and editing.
- Individual must possess an intermediate understanding of payroll, business or accounting systems, and transaction analysis.
- Ability to interpret specific situations versus applicable policies.
- Ability to research situations in reference materials for labor law and make recommendations.
- Strong ability to clearly convey information verbally and in written form.
- Intermediate skill level using MS Excel, Word, and payroll systems.
- General understanding of MS Access or similar database program.
- Ability to work within daily time constraints and communicate appropriately with department managers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Business with at least one (1) year of relevant payroll experience; or an Associate degree in Accounting or Business with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.