LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
LeJeune Steel delivers projects in a wide variety of industries including healthcare, education, sports stadiums, commercial, industrial, warehousing, infrastructure and DOT and rail bridges across the United States and Canada. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement is reflected in our use of state-of-the-art technology, software, and equipment in both our office and shops. LeJeune Steel is part of the APi Group of companies and is proud to be a privately held, employee owned business.
Reports to: Shop Manager
The Shop Painter is responsible to accept or reject surface profile and cleanliness per project specifications. They will need to know how to monitor the environmental conditions and dry times for each type of coating being applied. Mix and apply the proper coating, to produce the specified Dry Film Thickness (DFT).
Compare received coatings to Bill of Lading, and log those into inventory. If there are discrepancies between the Bill of Lading and received products, report the discrepancy immediately to Material and Inventory Manager for clarification.
- Verify surface profile and cleanliness.
- Monitor environmental conditions and dry times.
- Mix and Apply specified coating.
- Making sure piece marks are retained and legible after coating.
- Maintaining paint shop inventory and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background.
- Pass respirator fit test.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a pendant controlled overhead crane and forklift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.