Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 4,500 residential units. BLT’s numerous office parks, apartment complexes, single family subdivisions, common interest communities and adaptive reuse projects total in excess of 8,000,000 square feet of development throughout Fairfield County. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
We are currently seeking a highly self-motivated individual to who specializes in interiors for a large scale commercial building project in a fast track environment with the responsibility for achieving overall project success through the execution of detailed planning, scheduling, procurement and cost control.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability, QA/QC, and value engineering opportunities.
- Establish and maintain procedures with the design professionals, consultants, and vendors for information flow.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including BLT’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Apply for and obtain Building Permits.
- Schedule and track status of all inspections and required signoffs throughout the duration of the project.
- Responsible for completing all deliverables necessary to achieve the final C of O.
- Work with Estimating/Purchasing Dept. to prepare a detailed procurement schedule identifying all significant subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases, and ensure timely buy-outs to maintain compliance with the construction schedule.
- Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
Responsibilities include: Strong knowledge of construction/interior project manager
- Tracks project progress by reviewing milestones with Director of Construction.
- Reviews/updates project master schedule with superintendent monthly.
- Direct oversight and management of Project Superintendents.
- Establish, update, communicate, and control the implementation of the master project schedule.
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control program. Tracks project specifications by studying construction documents and physically inspecting field conditions.
- Performs on-site inspections to ensure standards are being met and construction is adhering to plans and specifications
- monitors/confirms product availability, reviews and transmits submittals to architect/engineers for approval
- Create, maintain and track trade punch lists and controls of project cost. Prepares project status reports and summarizing trends with recommendations.
- Establish logistics plans to create safe and secure jobsites for the adjacent public and construction activities. Ensure a safe work site is maintained at all times.
- Manage the subcontract change order process including review of subcontractor estimates, negotiate change orders, and obtain required owner approvals and preparation of subcontract change orders.
Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance. Create and maintain a positive environment of open communication and team coordination. Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assign
Strong understanding of contract documents, drawings, and specifications. Field experience highly desirable. Strong leadership, organization, and management skills. Take charge coordinating and scheduling vendors and contractors. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering is preferred.
Prior experience in project planning and scheduling, managing people and an in-depth working knowledge of construction is required.
Computer literacy in construction software is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Additional Experience / Qualifications:
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CORPORATE INTERIOR PROJECTS - Minimum 5 years of experience as a commercial interiors Project Manager (project sizes from $250K to 10mil). - Ability to effectively read, interpret, implement & explain project documents - Able to prepare project schedules using Microsoft Project. - Able to properly manage change orders, resolve problems, manage submittals and approvals, and coordinate communication among owner, subcontractors, and design team. - Proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook, Excel, Word, Procore. - Ability to manage quality control & supervise multiple projects at the same time.
We offer an excellent salary and bonus based upon experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401k retirement plan. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.