Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WFSP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Alarm & Detection Technician/Installer (FAL)
The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment.
• Tests all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of system
• Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
• Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
• Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques
• All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
• Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
• Knowledge of NFPA codes is preferred
• NICET I Certification within 2 years
• NICET II Certification within 2 years after NICET I is achieved
• Texas Fire Alarm Technicians License
• Texas Fire Extinguisher License Class B or Higher a plus
• Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor