Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units. BLT is the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with a full mile of waterfront, more than 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
BLT is a fast-paced growth oriented company.
The Leasing Manager is primarily responsible for directing and motivating the leasing team to achieve community leasing/lease-up goals as well as related customer service goals. In addition, the Leasing Manager is responsible for leading/performing/executing the daily leasing and move-in process while insuring customer satisfaction through all facets of the leasing process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct all business in accordance with Prime Real Estate, LLC.’s policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents and residents meet.
- Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Provide ongoing supervision of Leasing Consultants including coaching, mentoring and monitoring performance as well as guidance of Leasing Consultants.
- Lead by example by always working as a team player and executing the sales process correctly.
- Recruit interview, train and evaluate new hires.
- Utilize observation, prompting, coaching and role playing skills to help Leasing Consultants continually improve their skills.
- Meet with Community Manager and/or General Manager on a regular basis to report progress in accomplishing set goals.
- Keep staff upbeat and motivated by implementing contests, incentives and awards.
- Work with Community/General/marketing Manager to recommend appropriate rent levels at the community.
- Delegate the workload between the Leasing Consultants to ensure that all work is being completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Schedule Leasing Consultants to ensure that your best performers are working during peak leasing times.
- Ensure that Leasing Consultants attend all relevant training opportunities provided by Prime Real Estate.
- Reinforce all of the company policies and procedures as they relate to leasing apartments
- Inspects models and "market ready" vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a client call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfer calls to Assistant Community Manager or Community/General Manager when appropriate.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, and professionally presents community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Provide feedback/data to CM/GM to improve leasing process
- Actively coordinate all renewals throughout the month. This includes sending letters (90, 60, 30 days) and scheduling resident appointments to discuss renewal rates and leasing options.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends.
- Contributes ideas to the property manager for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Review all applicable leasing/community performance reporting and utilizes reporting to qualify current performance and/or to suggest changes in strategy.
- Completes Guest Card information form on all clients, sends thank-you notes and performs follow-up.
- Correctly completes all lease applications, assists with application verification and notifies prospective residents of results.
- Type miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Completes all lease paperwork including related addenda and accepts rents and deposits.
- Organizes and files appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Analytic Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven closing skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with OneSite Products preferred
Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can)
- Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers.
- Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
- Creates a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.