Querencia is Austin’s premier, resort style retirement community nestled in the scenic Texas Hill Country, in west Austin's Barton Creek neighborhood. Our life care community includes 167 Independent Living suites, 40 Assisted Living suites, 23 Assisted Living-Memory Support suites, and 42 Skilled Nursing/Long-term Care beds.
Our Vision and Mission:
Creating exceptional senior living experiences by enriching lives, providing compassionate care, and ensuring financial security for all we serve.
- A five-star quality rated community from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- A Masterpiece Living Certified Center for Successful Aging
- A recipient of Gold in the Senior Living Division of the NuStep Pinnacle Award
- A recipient of the 2018 American Health Care Association / National Center for Assisted Living National Quality Silver Award
- The Plaza at Querencia, was recently recognized as one of the best nursing homes in the country by U.S. News & World Report 2017-18
Team Member Benefits offered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, and Short-term disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- PTO - Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free buffet meals in our team member break room
- Discounted Gold’s Gym Membership
If you're passionate about caring for people, please consider joining our amazing team. We are hiring for CNAs to work the 10p-6a every other weekend off shift in Skilled Nursing.
Cares for residents in the health Center under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Answers call lights to determine residents' needs.
- Bathes, dresses, and undresses residents.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds residents requiring help.
- Transports residents or assists residents to walk.
- Drapes residents for examinations and treatments, and remains with residents to perform such duties as holding instruments and adjusting lights.
- Turns and repositions bedfast residents, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Cleans, sterilizes, stores, prepares, and issues dressing packs, treatment trays, and other supplies.
- Dusts and cleans residents' rooms.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Nurse’s Aid certification in the appropriate state.