Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 4,500 residential units. BLT’s numerous office parks, apartment complexes, single family subdivisions, common interest communities and adaptive reuse projects total in excess of 8,000,000 square feet of development throughout Fairfield County. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Building and Land Technology is currently seeking a Construction Estimator. The Estimator will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates and budgets for all contract types (lump sum, time and material, etc.) for mid to high-rise residential or commercial office projects in Stamford, CT.
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, estimates, etc.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity takeoffs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates
- 4 year degree in building construction, engineering, or construction related field or comparable work experience.
- 7+ years related estimating experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing value engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook) and database software