Donley’s is a fourth-generation, nationally recognized leader in construction management, concrete, and restoration services. The firm is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio with regional offices in Charleston, South Carolina, Raleigh, North Carolina and Richmond, Virginia. With annual revenues over $300 million, Donley’s engages genuine people to provide construction services that deliver and sustain its clients’ vision. The organization’s core values of people, safety, solutions and performance have remained the same since its founding in 1941.
Concrete - Project Engineer
Due to our recent growth, Donley's Concrete Group is seeking an experienced Project Engineer to assist with projects out of our Richmond, VA office.
Typical Responsibilities Will Include:
- Project safety implementation and management in accordance with Donley’s Safety Program.
- Safety Audit Process - walk the jobsite and discuss with field personnel what we can be doing to make the jobsites safer. Conduct a minimum of four SafetyNet audits every month.
- Manage and enforce Donley’s Safety Program and rules, this includes your workers, other crews, and any trade on site. Be willing to discipline noncompliance. Ensure that STA’s are being done correctly.
- Manage all incidents/accidents aggressively, including going to the occupational medical facility with the co-workers as determined by the PM or OM.
- Attend and/or Lead 2 safety training sessions per month (tool box talk, STA, Friday morning session, etc.) Interact with co-workers and get their feedback as to how we can improve safety on the project.
- Develop Site Specific Safety Plans with Regional Safety Manager and review monthly with project teams and Safety Manager.
- Attend 6:30 foremen’s meetings when on site and make sure safety is discussed.
- Proactively review construction documents to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Work with project manager, superintendent and estimating department on subcontractor and supplier bid tab sheets to determine lowest responsible bidder.
- Assist project manager and scheduling personnel in preparation of project and billing schedules; updating same throughout project; and, analyzing schedules for potential issues.
- Review of shop drawings for accuracy and constructability issues and coordinate with engineering, superintendents and general foremen; maintain shop drawing log.
- Coordination of multi-discipline submittals as required; manage submittals in accordance with submittal process and in a timely manner.
- Confirm budget quantities, and perform budget revisions as needed; perform job cost studies as assigned.
- Assist in preparing monthly estimated completion quantities for monthly invoicing.
- Distribution of construction and/or informational documents to appropriate parties, i.e., bulletins and Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASI’s).
- Assist in processing change orders and change management processes as assigned and develop quantity take offs for change orders and work orders, as needed.
- Review Bills of Material to verify material requirements for the job and work with engineering and purchasing to ensure sufficient lead time to obtain materials when needed.
- Coordinate job meetings; take meeting minutes and finalize/distribute same to necessary parties.
- Prepare as-built drawings for Donley’s work and coordinate obtaining as-built drawings from subcontractors and maintain updated log of construction documents including ASI’s and Bulletins.
- Prepare notification of project close-out requirements in conformance with project documents with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with estimating personnel to develop agenda for internal close-out meetings.
- Manage the RFI process.
- Schedule equipment and material deliveries, as assigned by PM or superintendent, for self-perform and subcontractors. Provide information regarding same to PM and superintendent on an as needed basis.
- Perform such additional duties as may be assigned by PM and/or superintendent.
- Maintain Project Drawing Log.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Assist with PDR process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more semester of co-op or internship experience in commercial construction.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- OSHA 30 certified
- First Aid/CPR certification within the past 24 months
Knowledge & Experience
- Must have one to three years of previous experience as a Project Engineer.
- Ability to deal with situations involving sensitive and confidential company issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels, both internally and externally.
- Extensive knowledge of cast-in-place concrete.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control.
- Well developed analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence.
- Able to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Able to perform duties independently.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications, Viewpoint, P3/P6
- Knowledge of all different construction delivery systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates integrity and “does the right thing”.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that facilitates constructive relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- FSA or HSA
- 401K with Company Match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Equal opportunity and e-verify employer.