National Fire Suppression, a division of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm & Detection Technician
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Service and Inspection Technician. If you have a strong work ethic and integrity, we want you on our team.
The preferred candidate will be outgoing, highly self-motivated, and able to problem solve.
They will have strong communication skills and a professional image as well as able to handle all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, service and inspection work.
- Report to Division and Service Manager and work with Project Managers, Administrators, Schedule Coordinators, and Sales staff to ensure proper project performance and client satisfaction is achieved.
- Able to perform tests, inspections, maintenance, and repairs
- Site verifications of fire alarm installations
- Fire alarm system repair and inspections
- Must be available for scheduled overtimes work and periodic after hours "on-call" time to meet customer service needs
- Analysis of blue prints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Coordination with other disciplines, engineers, general contractors and end users
- Interact with clients, field personnel and Fire Marshals
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, UL, Factory Mutual and applicable codes is mandatory
- NICET II Certification or willing to receive the certification within 1 year
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- iPad and computer experience is a plus
- Manufacturers certificates is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' service or installation experience is preferred
- Able to work independently and also in a group/training environment
- Knowledgable with programming and troubleshooting multiple fire alarm panel manufacturers
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Understanding of expenses and schedules
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy, and be willing to travel within the states of Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and Iowa
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor