Childhaven seeks a Development Assistant to support its philanthropic back office with data entry and administrative responsibilities. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the many facets of a development department and to play a significant role in the growth and sustainability of our programs for children and families!
The role will be based at our location near Burien, WA.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about supporting children and families in our community and attracting donors to contribute to Childhaven’s mission. They’ll also thrive on the feeling of accomplishment that comes with the successful completion of a big project—like wrapping up year-end gift entry or seeing the fruit of several months’ labor realized at a fundraising event.
- Associate’s degree or high school diploma + four years of experience in the areas below
- Minimum of two years of data entry experience
- Two to three years administrative support experience working in an office environment (preferably in fundraising or nonprofits)
- Strong organizational, time management, and communications skills; ability to support multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate across teams to manage their completion
- Proficiency in software applications, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel), database experience (Raiser's Edge, Greater Giving, Auction Tracker or similar donor/auction management software ideal), and comfort with social media platforms
- Experience with Import Omatic software ideal
Childhaven serves families from diverse communities and we are committed to recruiting candidates who reflect this diversity. Multilingual and multicultural candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Every role at Childhaven makes an impact! Development Assistant responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and execute gift processing using Raiser’s Edge fundraising software. Reconcile gifts processed with Finance deposits at the end of the month.
- Retrieve data information on a daily basis from different online donation sources as back-up for gifts received via EFT or ACH (Electronic Fund Transfer/Automated Clearing House).
- Manage matching gift program.
- Support donor stewardship process. Prepare weekly and monthly donor stewardship touchpoints. Prepare and personalize thank you letters for Childhaven donors. Coordinate notification of large gifts to department staff and distribute acknowledgement letters for signature.
- Provide assistance to Development Systems Manager with database maintenance. Cleanup of directory folders on a weekly or monthly basis. Provide assistance in maintaining Development and Raiser’s Edge procedures.
- Support data entry, event registration, and auction item management for Childhaven’s annual auction, luncheon and venture events. (Note: this role will require working some nights & weekends.)
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Here’s a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- We believe in fully transparent hiring practices. The salary range for Development Assistants is $17-19 per hour, dependent on experience.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, education reimbursement and a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
- No matter what your role is, you'll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills, and more. We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentor—a person who's helping you grow professionally.
- We’re dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care that’s relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, you’ll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and to serve on our Racial Equity Team, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
Want to join our team? Submit a resume and a cover letter!