Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building and underground utilities contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate asphalt paving machines and other related equipment in a safe and appropriate manner
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment
- Operate the Paver controls, automatics and associated components
- Work on interstate and rural highways for ODOT, WSDOT and local city and county agencies
- Travel with paving crew to work area throughout Oregon and Washington as required
- Must have valid license and clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must have 3 to 5 years experience operating CAT, Vogle and/or other asphalt paving machines
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required during non-paving season
- Safe operation of machine maintaining situational awareness at all times.
- Recognize mechanical issues immediately as they develop with engine, hydraulic and electrical systems and taking action to shut down and secure the machine to avoid additional damage.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero tolerance drug policy.