Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
Currently we have an immediate opening in our Special Hazards, Alarm & Detection Department for an experienced system sales person. We offer a culture that emphasizes teamwork, individual development and continual improvement of skills & knowledge.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fire Alarm and/or Special Hazards Systems sales. Excellent working knowledge of a variety of systems (i.e. High-Rise Fire Alarm, Campus Fire Alarm, Voice
Evacuation, Mass Notification, Gaseous Suppression, Pre-action Sprinkler) with Interconnection to other Building Systems is a must. NICET certification is not required, but is a plus.
Ultimate responsibilities will include:
- Identify new business opportunities, develop and execute a sales plan in order to acquire new business in line with Company growth objectives.
- Build & maintain relationships with Contractors, Engineers, Facility Managers & Building Owners in order to help Davis-Ulmer become & remain a valued Fire Protection partner.
- Prepare accurate estimates for submission to Contractors, Facility Managers & Building Owners.
- Participate in turnover meetings for handoff of closed projects to Engineers & Project Managers.
- Coordinate with other departments within the Company on joint projects.
Basic skills that are required include the following:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, with good follow through