Do you want to work for a growing company with a track record of innovative success? Come join Southern Connecticut's largest property development and management firm!!
Building and Land Technology (BLT) is a privately held, vertically integrated, mixed use real estate development, property management and private equity firm (www.bltoffice.com). BLT was founded in 1982 and has developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 4,500 residential units. BLT office holdings include the corporate headquarters for Gen Re, GE Commercial Finance, Diageo, GE Real Estate, Xerox, GE Energy, Design Within Reach, Kayak Software, AON/Hewitt, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and structured portfolio management. BLT’s numerous office parks, apartment complexes, single family subdivisions, common interest communities and adaptive reuse projects total in excess of 8,000,000 square feet of development throughout Fairfield County. BLT is also the developer of Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT. One of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, with more than 4,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial development. BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company as well as numerous private equity investments.
- Coordinate and manage daily construction activities and project meetings
- Create and update project construction schedules
- Organize, track and schedule subcontractors as well as City Building Inspections, obtain sign offs and obtain Certificate of Occupancy
- Oversee quality control of material installations
- Track Shop Drawing Submittals and RFI’s, strictly enforces all safety regulations and laws
- Review, modify and approve trade payment applications, daily logs, project costs, schedules
- Obtain, organize and manage trade commissioning schedule for successful building turn over to Property Management
- Create, maintain and track trade punch lists until project completion
- Work with Project Design Consultants
Experience / Qualifications:
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH CORPORATE INTERIOR PROJECTS - Minimum 5 years of experience as a commercial interiors Superintendent (project sizes from $250K to 10mil). - Ability to effectively read, interpret, implement & explain project documents - Able to understand and perform basic practices (basic layout, computing elevations, shooting elevations, placement verifications, etc.). - Able to properly document daily activities, subcontractors manpower, scheduling, problem resolution, call logs, owner visits, change orders, etc. through electronic daily job reports. - Proficient in Microsoft Office- Outlook, Excel, Word, Procore. - Ability to manage quality control & supervise multiple subcontractors working at the same time.
- Construction: 5+ years
- Use of project management software: Procore
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision benefits and 401k plan
BLT is an equal opportunity employer