Primary Function of Carpenter Helper:
Perform tasks involving physical labor and assistance at construction sites. Assist craft workers and operate on a bridge construction crew.
United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization. Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Load or unload materials used in construction or extraction.
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools.
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters.
- Dismantle equipment or temporary structures.
- Mix, pour, or spread concrete and other materials.
- Maintain hand and power tools.
- Dig holes or trenches.
- Operate pumps or compressors.
- Clean or prepare construction sites for work activities and to eliminate possible hazards.
- Gather and distribute supplies and tools on the job-site.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Respond quickly to form carpenters or other skilled laborer’s directions.
- Must observe safety procedures and report any potentially unsafe conditions to management.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG’s Mission.
- Experience in construction preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craft Workers:
- Must have own transportation to and from job-site every work day (driver's license not required).
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools).
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).