John W. McDougall Co., Inc. is a third-generation family owned business that is celebrating its 80th year in business. As one of the founding companies that introduced aluminum composite material to North American construction, John W. McDougall Co., Inc. has revolutionized the architectural facade market over the past 40 years.
We believe both our success and future is dependent on finding top talent and fostering their growth and development within the company. We are looking for experienced, driven and dynamic team members who are looking for a stable environment in which their long-term career goals can be exceeded. We pride ourselves on creating a work environment that has encouraged many of our employees to stay for decades.
We are currently seeking highly experienced project managers and project executives with a proven track record of leading teams of junior project managers and successfully managing high profile projects.
Project Executive Job Description
The Project Executive will be responsible for mentoring and leading a team of 3-5 project managers. This will include ensuring they are properly managing their assigned projects. In addition, he/she will provide management oversight for all phases of assigned high-profile project(s) including coordinating field staff, craft workers, materials, equipment, submittals, ensuring compliance with drawings and specifications, creating and maintaining schedules, financial management, review and pricing of change documents and budget/cost reviews and re-estimates.
- Manages a team of 3-5 project managers and junior project managers
- Reviews and administers contract for project requirements and scope of work
- Confirms scope and materials in contract are consistent with bid documents and proposal
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project.
- Develop cost/budget matrix for engineering, materials, labor, equipment and miscellaneous cost items.
- Oversee/review product submittals and shop drawings for compliance with contract
- Purchase and buyout of materials
- Schedule and coordinate field staff and craft labor
- Schedule and coordinate equipment
- Select and coordinate subcontractors
- Supervises assistant managers and superintendents, review their reports, correct deficiencies and enforce safety protocols
- Track and update construction schedules, 3 week look-ahead schedules and labor tracking.
- Reports to Owner/GC regarding progress, modifications, delays or disruptions.
- Provide estimates and pricing for changes to the scope of work.
- Oversees and tracks budget and project financial performance
- Financial over site and job cost review on a weekly basis at minimum
- Monthly re-estimates
- Graduate of a four-year degree program in construction management or engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of project management experience
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple jobs/functions
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate numerous activities and meet schedule and financial goals / deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project or Bluebeam and basic AutoCAD skills.
- Capable of basic survey and layout skills, auto-level, transit, theodolite, and HDS scanning
- Understands general and specific code requirements
We offer a competitive salary, a lucrative incentive program and an outstanding benefits package!