Welder - 6G - MIG - GMAW
We are a MIG - GMAW fabrication shop / manufacturer building packaged wastewater treatment plants, treatment plants, and wastewater pumping systems.
We need quality welders who can read, weld, and build from blueprints and pass a 6G MIG, pipe-welding test.
Welder Job Requirements:
- Previous MIG - GMAW welding experience required.
- ASME certification preferred but not required.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints.
- Must be able to pass a 6G MIG-only weld test administered at Smith & Loveless. Applicants will be required to bring a welding hood, welding gloves, steel-toed boots and a pair of pliers to complete the weld test. Candidates must call ahead to be scheduled to take the weld test.
- Previous Fabrication experience.
- Demonstrated good work attendance.
- Must be able to read and understand units of measurements and properly use a tape measure.
- Must be able to wear PPE (Eyeglasses, earplugs, and steel toe shoes)
- Must complete a satisfactory physical exam alcohol and drug screen.
- Must be able to push, pull, and carry materials 50-100 lbs and constant standing
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include working outside the typical schedule of Mon.- Fri., and overtime.
We are a union shop.
We are proud to offer our employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401K Company Contribution
Smith & Loveless is located within an easy driving distance from anywhere in the metro.
A Great Place for Your Career
For 70 years, Smith & Loveless has cutting-edge environmental engineering ingenuity and quality craftsmanship to the water industry by pioneering superior pre-engineered pumping, treatment and headworks systems. Smith & Loveless' pre-engineered water and wastewater treatment and pumping systems have paved the way for municipalities, developments, industry, governmental, and military facilities. Smith & Loveless' energy-efficient and durable systems deliver unrivaled life-cycle cost savings.
A true pioneer in the water and wastewater pumping industry, Smith & Loveless manufactures cost-effective, operator safe and efficient pump stations for municipal and industrial applications across the globe. Smith & Loveless maintains market leadership in lift station design and manufacturing, grit removal systems for municipal headworks and industrial process streams, and a complete range of wastewater treatment systems. With tens of thousands of installations in more than 70 nations on all seven continents, our innovative wastewater/reuse engineered products are Above All Others™.
Our world headquarters are located in Lenexa, Kansas, a convenient drive from anywhere in the Kansas City area.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: 6G, weld, welder, MIG, steel, carbon steel, stainless steel, fabrication, GMAW