Since 1926, our United family of companies has grown into one of the Southeast’s leading firms in the infrastructure industry. Our founding philosophy is built upon exceptional client service and our approach to this belief is unified throughout our organization. We have evolved into a company that is comprised of many components, each capable of independent performance but proven much more valuable as a single source to which a variety of clients can turn for proven results. In turn, we have achieved a definite advantage that will provide more opportunities to grow and prosper as a company.
United’s leadership in the transportation arena, technical experience, construction abilities, financial strength, commitment to safety, innovative approaches, and unyielding dedication to quality, has been perfected over 85 years. UIG has built an empire and has become a leader in many diversified markets such as engineering, construction, design-build, public partnerships, communications, environment, facilities, federal government, safety, infrastructure, transportation, and real estate.
Due to continued growth, United Demolition is looking for an Estimator to join our team in Charleston, SC.
ALL Applicants must be:
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the U.S.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- New pursuits - prepare proposals and procurement
- Manage the Bid Process (Pre - Post Bid)
- Project Administration - P.O.'s, change orders, logistics, etc.
- Interface with Project Owner and Management
- Field Support - Project Superintendents and Foremen
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4-year engineering or construction management degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related field experience.
- Minimum of 5 years estimating, engineering or similar experience related to civil/structural construction.
- Knowledge of means and methods related to concrete materials and construction including concrete mixtures, placement, finishes, form-work, reinforcing steel, repairs, precast structures, structural steel, and architectural finishes.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing required.
- Ability to formulate and calculate mathematical expressions to obtain the desired quantity measurement and cost information.
- Read and understand engineering drawings, specifications and bid documents.
- Computer Skills to include B2W, AGTEK, Microstation, Excel, Outlook, Word, AutoCAD, and Primavera.
- Good communication skills and people management skills to effectively work within a team of estimators and managers to complete complex estimates and bid proposals.
- Possess technical construction awareness regarding available products, means, and methods.
- Must be proactive and possess time management and multi-tasking skills to complete multiple estimates and proposals at a time.
- Ability to track job costs and maintain cost databases used for basis of estimates.
- Must be able to analyze all aspects of assigned bids including subcontractor scope/pricing and labor productivity for self-performed work.
- Must be able to offer insight regarding project schedule for matters relating to civil/structural construction.
- Knowledgeable in available construction equipment and able to utilize resources to maintain a database of equipment rental rates.
- Safety-minded in all aspects of work including building budgets in estimates for safety-related means and methods.
- Medical; Prescription, Vision, Dental, Life, Cancer, etc.
- Performance Incentive Program
- Vehicle Allowance
- Gas Card
UIG IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER