United Infrastructure Group continues to be a leader in the transportation construction industry in the southeast with a 90+ year history of delivering successful projects by hiring exceptional employees to work in a professional family environment. UIG is committed to developing the best workforce possible by constantly recruiting, training, and promoting construction industry professionals throughout our organization.
Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Highly Competitive Salaries
- Generous Performance Bonuses
- Robust Subsistence Allowances
- Comprehensive Health Plans with Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Strong 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with 100% Matching Contributions
- Significant Paid Time Off
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Training, Education, Certification, and Qualification Assistance
- Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Primary function of a Heavy Equipment Operator:
- Operate Boom Truck
- Operate heavy equipment including, but not limited to: Backhoe, Trackhoe, Bulldozer, Loader, Dump Truck.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Move levers, depress foot pedals, and turn dials to operate power machinery, such as power shovels, stripping shovels, scraper loaders, or backhoes.
- Set up or inspect equipment prior to operation.
- Become familiar with digging plans, machine capabilities and limitations, and with efficient and safe digging procedures in a given application.
- Observe hand signals, grade stakes, or other markings when operating machines so that work can be performed to specifications.
- Receive written or oral instructions regarding material movement or excavation.
- Move materials over short distances, such as around a construction site.
- Create or maintain inclines or ramps.
- Lubricate, adjust, or repair machinery and replace parts, such as gears, bearings, or bucket teeth.
- Perform manual labor to prepare or finish sites.
- Complete all additional duties as directed by supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- NCCCO - Boom Certification is a must.
- Must have experience with operating Heavy Equipment.
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of bridges another structures such as highways and roads.
- Must follow policies and procedures and support UIG’s mission.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required).
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities).