For over 65 years, the Magnolia family of companies has been serving the residents and businesses of the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. Started as a small partnership in 1950, the company has grown through an unwavering philosophy that there is nothing more important than providing a quality product and a service resulting in complete customer satisfaction. Today the Magnolia Companies consist of Joseph J. Magnolia, Inc. and Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. and operate out of multiple locations, dispatching approximately 200 service and construction vehicles throughout the Washington and Baltimore Region.
Magnolia Companies is looking for a high energy safety manager to add to our Human Resources Team. Safety being at the forefront of everything we do, this person must be timely and reliable. As a Plumbing and HVAC company that works with Commercial Construction, Residential and Commercial Service, Waste Management and Underground Utilities we are looking for someone with a diverse safety background to support our team. This role will require regular travel to work sites within the DC Metropolitan area. Several aspects of this role will involve confidential employee/company information and will need to be handled with care and discretion.
If this opportunity sounds right for you, please apply!
- Conduct job site inspections
- Investigate auto accident, workers’ comp and general liability claims
- Hands-On training
- Conduct environmental audits at all properties
- Conduct DOT audits
- Attend meetings which are given by the various general contractors (monthly)
- Submit and manage all aspects of auto accident, workers’ comp and general liability claims
- Training – New employee, quarterly and annual refresher training
- ex: Confined Space, Flagger, Orientation...
- Manage all issues that pertain to the DOT/Commercial drivers
- Quarterly and yearly OSHA reporting
- Prepare pre-bid safety & environmental packages
- Develop best practices in regards to safety for field employees
- At least 5 years of Commercial Construction experience
- OSHA 500 training certificate (Required)
- DOT certification
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members
- Bachelors degree (preferably in environmental health and safety)
- Clear and consice communication skills
- Detail orientated and extremely organized
- Computer skills
- Competitive salary & paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Referral Program
- Company Vehicle
- Company Gas Card
- Company Cell Phone