Assistant Fund Controller
Building and Land Technology (BLT-www.bltoffice.com) is a privately held real estate private equity, development and property management firm based in Stamford, CT. Founded in 1982, BLT is vertically integrated and has invested, developed, owned and managed over five million square feet of commercial space and over 10,000 residential units.
BLT’s private equity platform holds investments throughout the United States and includes new development and re-development of multifamily, office, retail, and hotel properties. BLT is also the developer of numerous residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, including Harbor Point, a transformative mixed-use development in Stamford, CT and the Glover Avenue development in Norwalk CT. Harbor Point encompasses an entire neighborhood, and is one of the largest redevelopments on the eastern seaboard, with a full mile of waterfront, over 4,000 residential units, and several million square feet of commercial development.
BLT’s holdings include more than 100 active real estate companies, a majority interest in William Pitt Sotheby’s residential brokerage firm with 28 offices and 1,100 agents, a mortgage and insurance company.
BLT is a fast-paced growth-oriented company.
The Assistant Fund Controller would report to the Senior Fund Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare quarterly investor reports, including fair value financial statements, for multiple BLT Funds.
- Maintain key schedules, including capital schedules, preferred return & interest calculations and fund waterfalls.
- Coordinate annual audit and tax return processes for multiple BLT Funds.
- Monitor cash position and prepare cash forecasts.
- Prepare monthly work papers and record related journal entries.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 3 -5 years of direct experience in real estate/private equity accounting and reporting.
- A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.