Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Scaffold Construction Manager
Job Title: Scaffold Construction Manager
Department: Denver, CO
Reports to: Director of Operations
Management Role: Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates assigned work with work of different crafts, departments or other contractors.
- Maintains liaison with engineering, estimating, planning and scheduling to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Assists in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces etc.) as required.
- Assists in development of look ahead scheduling and progress reporting.
- Supervises and evaluates supervisors, superintendents and/or foreman to insure compliance with project directives.
- Ensure foreman and crew perform work in compliance with drawings, specifications and procedures.
- Requisition manpower from the Craft Personnel & Training Department.
- Assist the Craft Personnel and Training Department with training of craft personnel.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety process requirements, document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e.: Material Controls, Purchasing, QC, etc) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections etc. support craft activities and project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per superior’s direction.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record in accordance with Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Walk (move, traverse): Frequent
- Used hands/fingers to handle/feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position): Frequent
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) Occasional/Often depending on job
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express, exchange information): Often
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses): Constantly
- Reaching: Occasional
- Light work: Lifting up to 50 lb occasionally.
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily office based and most work is done in an office environment. Occasionally to frequently this position will require site visits to active construction sites to make measurements and review the physical conditions on a project site. On a construction site, the employee may be required to climb ladders and walk in areas under construction. While on construction sites, the employee must wear proper protective equipment such as hard hat, eye protection and hearing protection as necessary. The employee must be familiar with all company safety equipment and is required to follow company safety procedures, prior to entering the construction site.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.