Job Summary: The HVAC Service Technician will provide skilled services relating to repair, installation, and commissioning for all new and existing HVAC systems. Perform site maintenance tasks as required, as well as annual site inspections at all customer Commercial and Industrial facilities. Ensure strong communication internal and external to Department. TWill be responsible to represent the company on customer locations/sites for service work in the Green Bay Region.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems for both commercial and industrial customers.
- Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Interpret work orders, perform work requested with limited direction.
- Operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
- Requisition of repair parts and equipment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures. Comply with Company policy and standards.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as assumed or requested.
- Maintain a valid state driver's license and ability to drive to various customer locations on a daily basis.
- Must adhere to all safety and vehicle related policies at all times.
- Two year HVAC technical school degree
- Working knowledge of maintenance equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to assume responsibility within the scope of the role.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to effectively represent the company in an ethical and professional manner and consistent with our values and mission.
- Valid State Driver’s license, and able to travel to customer locations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CFC/EPA Universal Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and in a timely manner
- Attention to detail on systems operations under contract with customers
- In depth knowledge of various mechanical fundamentals
- Ability to work from drawings or verbal instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Work varying shifts, weekends, holidays and emergency on-call as needed.
- Able to perform basic tasks to the highest caliber, including ability to climb ladders, lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires travel to project locations across the Midwest region of the United States. Most travel is planned based on project schedule, although may require short notice to travel to job sites.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- Frequent pushing/pulling using both hands/arms while moving equipment, materials, etc., exerting up to 50 pounds of force.
- Frequent climbing/balancing on stairs, ladders, scaffolding while performing repairs at heights.
- Constant bending/twisting at waist/knees/neck while performing job duties.
- Occasional kneeling/crouching while performing duties at or near ground level; occasional working in confined spaces.
- Constant use of both hands/arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/squeezing while using tools and equipment, overhead reaching required.
- Constant use of sight abilities in performing duties and in maintaining a safe work environment, visual requirements include color vision, depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination and visual acuity in near and midrange vision.
- Constant use of speech/hearing abilities in communicating with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in plant environment. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)